Tuesday, April 28, 2015

College Writing Review

College Writing Review

My major is Industrial and Systems Engineering, so there has not been a ton of writing. The majority of writing has come in the form of lab reports, research projects, and other projects in general. Many of my exams have had free response questions, but those are sometimes answered with bullet points. Inside my major, the most writing intensive classes that I can think of have been Applied Research Methods and Ergonomics. The writing in those classes were lab reports, free response exam questions, and research papers. Outside of my major, the English Composition courses were the most writing intensive classes and were more of literary analysis type of writing. All in all, the courses I have taken have broadened the scope of my writing and have helped me break complex things down into something that is easily understood. 

The most helpful part of this class was giving me the freedom to write about whatever I wanted. Usually there is some structure to what I have to write and I have not had that freedom in a school setting since sixth grade English class, where we had daily journal entries about whatever we wanted. There has not been any part of this course that has not had a positive impact on my writing. I think a class that allows people to tell stories, similar to this course, would be awesome because it brings back some imagination that might have been lost.

(Zits)

No comments:

Post a Comment